You are here: Home I Overview
The child care Mission of the Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board (DSB) is to support social and economic development by investing in and supporting an affordable, accessible, and accountable child care system benefiting children, their parents, caregivers and the broader community.
Manitoulin-Sudbury DSB Child Care Philosophy Statement
- We believe that Child Care Services should be provided fairly and sensitively to people within the Districts of Manitoulin and Sudbury.
- We believe in an affordable and effective system of community and social services that support and invest in a service system in which children are safe and people most in need receive support.
- We believe that individuals, families and communities have a responsibility to provide for themselves.
- We believe that resources are targeted to programs and services that are proven to be effective and efficient.
- We believe that services are community-based, integrated, and based on clear roles and responsibilities.
- We believe that quality Child Care and access to Fee Subsidy form essential support services for individuals seeking independence.
- We believe in the provision of French language and culturally appropriate services.
Check Out Best Start's New YouTube Channel!
The Manitoulin-Sudbury Best Start Network, and the Sudbury Best Start & Integration Network, are proud to jointly present a new video series "Parenting Pointers".
These one to two minute videos feature local Triple P Trained staff speaking on a variety of parenting topics, selected from the successful Parenting Webinar that took place in February. If you missed the Webinar, you can also watch the whole event here.
The first featured video is called "Embracing Quality Time" . Check it out!
To view them all, go to the Best Start YouTube Channel.